How To Apply for CPF Grant for EC
You may apply for the CPF Grant for EC when you book an EC with the developer.
Disbursement of CPF Grant for EC
The CPF Grant for EC or Top-Up Grant is given only to Singapore Citizen (not SPR spouse). The grant once disbursed cannot be returned.
|Income Ceiling (Average gross monthly income of all working persons, i.e. applicants and occupiers)||SC/SC Household||SC/SPR Household||Half-Housing Grant ^|
|$10,000 or lower||$30,000||$20,000||$15,000|
|$10,001 to $11,000||$20,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|$11,001 to $12,000||$10,000||Nil||$5,000|
|$12,001 to $14,000||Nil||Nil||Nil|
^ If you are a first-timer SC and your co-applicant is a second-timer who has previously taken 1 housing subsidy
SC/SPR household will qualify for the Citizen Top-Up in any of these instances:
- The SPR spouse originally listed (as an owner or applicant) in the flat application obtains Singapore Citizenship status
- An SC child is born to the SC applicant/owner and spouse originally listed (as an owner or applicant) in the flat application
You can apply for the Citizen Top-Up of $10,000 when a qualifying member of your SC/ SPR household obtains Singapore citizenship. You need to submit your application to HDB within 6 months of being eligible for it.
Usage of CPF Grant
The CPF Housing Grants can be used to:
- Offset the balance downpayment for the EC and subsequent payments towards the purchase price
- Reduce the mortgage loan for the EC
- The grant cannot be used for the minimum cash downpayment (if any) and monthly mortgage instalment payments
- The grant will also be included in the computation of the CPF withdrawal limit.